Saturday, March 3, 2012

Working Class Hero

    I usually don't play cover songs that much. I'm more into writing original musical compositions. John Lennon had a very honest way of writing. The songs that he has written can tug at every fiber of my humanity. This song more than others, at least for me, is the perfect example of that. I figured everyone and their brother has covered this song so, why not give it a try. I know I'm not nearly as talented as John Lennon, I could never touch his vocal so, I just sang it the best I could. I tried to make up for my lack of vocal talent with more of an emotional vocal. When I here this song it makes me feel sad and frustrated. I tried really hard to convey those emotions. I also added a little heavy guitar to the end just to give it a little more of my flavor.
Recorded on my 78' Fender F-12 Acoustic. I re-dubbed the vocals then, added a couple clean tracks and a dirty track with my PRS.
I hope that it does not completely suck and, I did this classic song some justice.


No comments:

Post a Comment