Friday, March 2, 2012

FUGITOID 3D

  I have been doing a lot of figure modeling as of late. It has me feeling a little burnt out. I needed a little break from modeling for profit. I don’t know why but, modeling for money can take the fun out of it for me. I know I shouldn’t complain about it. I get to do what I love doing and, I’m paid to do it. It becomes stressful for me when I am charging people money for my work. I want my work to be perfect and, make sure customers get what they paid for.  Every little detail of the figure has to be right. That, in turn, makes it feel like a toilsome endeavor. It can really wear me down. 
   This morning I decided to make a figure model just for fun. I have to do this from time to time to remind me of why I enjoy doing this kind of work. When I model something for the heck of it, it becomes pleasurable again. There is no pressure to get it perfect. It reminds me of why I started doing this in the first place.
  This model here is based on the “Fugitoid” Playmates action figure that sits on my desk. I like to model things that are around me. I was looking at this figure, noticing it’s basic shapes, thinking it would be amusing and easy to make. It took two hours in Lightwave3D to make the model then, another hour to make the chrome shader. I’m pretty happy with the results. Please don’t ask me for a copy of this model. I did it for my own amusement and, I am not the copyright holder. Therefore, I will have to say no.
  Thanks for looking.
                  -M

 Basic Poly-Mesh in Lightwave

 Cell Shader In ZBrush

 Wax Shader in ZBrush

 Clay Shader in ZBrush

Lightwave Render - Using Worley Vision Rendering Engine

Lightwave Render - Lightwave Classic Rendering Engine

 Poser Render

 Final Render in Poser

 This is the Actual Toy

No comments:

Post a Comment