Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Scribbles 2 - Those Girls, Girls, Girls...

I've never been that great at drawing the female form. I have been studying many books on the topic. I have been practicing every day. I am starting to see a slight improvement but, I'm not nearly as good as I would like to be.

  One artist that has really been inspiring me as of late is Michael Dooney. If you want to see the female form drawn to perfection then you need to check out his work.
  I ordered a copy of one of his sketch books. Wow! This guys work is fantastic.  Every line is so smooth and perfect. The anatomy is perfect. It sets a high bar for other artist. 
 Here is a few sketches I've been working on myself. A couple of which have been inspired by Dooney but, do not come close to his artistic brilliance.



No comments:

Post a Comment