Monday, February 21, 2011

Anubis - God of the Dead

Well, he is finally finished and, he is now available to the public. What I was trying to accomplish here was to create the Egyptian God Anubis with a comic flair. I wanted to give him some dramatic features like, big thick legs and feet and, chest. I wanted to give him a bit of a friendly personality too. I was very pleased with some of the morph targets that I created for him. Like when he gets angry he bears his teeth and, his ears go back. I did the usual work flow. I did the modeling work in Lightwave's Modeler, textured him in Deep Paint then, rigged him in Poser.
   I put a lot of thought and work into this figure. My hope is that you will have fun with him. Those of you that follow my work know that I do try to put a certain flair of fun within my figures. I make it a point to not be realistic, to exaggerate certain features. It gives the figure more character. My view on it is if you wanted a more realistic look you would buy a really nice camera. Don't get me wrong. I understand that some of you really like the challenge involved in trying to get a photo-realistic look out of your 3D software. I can understand and appreciate that. From the start I wanted to bring some fun to table. I want to be the guy that offers the cartoony, comic, looking figures. I'm all about the fun side of 3D. 
   I digress. I tend to rant sometimes. Back to Mr. God of the Dead here.  I was happy with the work I did. I hope you agree that he is a lot of fun. Here is some shots of him in Lightwave and in Poser.
   Thank you for checking him out. I hope you enjoy him. Here is a link to him in Runtime DNA's store.
    http://www.runtimedna.com/Anubis.html






No comments:

Post a Comment