Thursday, May 5, 2011

Wanna Be Like Mike....


Here is an attempt of mine to copy the style of Michael Dooney. I'm a big fan of Mike's style.
Here is a link to his blog. Check out the mans work if you get a chance. It is awesome!
 Dooney's Blog
The way he draws the female figure and, features is really appealing to me. I was using one of his drawings as a reference.
Dooney's Poison Ivy on DeviantArt
I did not come close. It is not nearly as smooth or precise as Doony's work. I wasnt trying to replicate his drawing exactly. I was just trying to draw the features somewhat similar. I'm still a newbie and a little imitation is supposed to be good for us newbs so , I figured I would go for it. I don't think what I did is too bad. In fact for me it's pretty good. I did learn a lot from this attempt. It was fun. :)
I sketched it with pencil, scanned it, then colored it in Photoshop.
I have a ways to go but I have been seeing small improvements the more I draw. :D
Thanks for the inspiration Mike. You have been keeping my pencil moving! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment